Election to Scientific board
Vedecká rada Ústavu anorganickej chémie SAV vypisuje v zmysle svojho štatútu VOĽBY do Vedeckej rady Ústavu anorganickej chémie SAV na funkčné obdobie 2018 –…
The Institute of Inorganic Chemistry (IIC) is focused on basic research in the area of inorganic and bio-inorganic systems oriented to optimization and development of new materials and technological processes in the following branches of science: inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, materials chemistry, inorganic technologies and materials, theoretical chemistry, nanotechnology.
The main subjects of the research are the following:
- Relations between composition, properties and structure of inorganic substances, mainly advanced ceramic materials, molten salt systems and hydrosilicates.
- Thermodynamics of multicomponent systems.
- Features and chemical reactions in inorganic systems, including interface of phases.
- Development and application of theoretical and experimental methods for the determination of the structure and properties of matter.
- Application of high temperature HT NMR spectroscopy in investigation of Na3AlF6-(Al2O3, Fe2O3 or FeO systems
- Enhanced luminescence of cyanine dye NK88 adsorbed on layered silicate saponite
- Acceleration of relativistic electron dynamics by means of X2C transformation: application to the calculation of nonlinear optical properties
- Hollow amorphous and polycrystalline YAG microspheres prepared by flame synthesis
- A novel structurally unique surfactant for polymer-clay nanocomposites
- Functional properties of alumina/multi-wall carbon nanotube (MWCNT)
- Aluminate glasses with luminescent properties
- Electronic structure and luminescent properties of rare-earth oxide doped silicon oxynitride phosphors
- Corrosion testing on construction materials